Our first stay in California was in Desert Hot Springs. We stayed at the Sky Valley RV Resort which is…out in the desert! It was a nice park, but we ended up driving in to the Palm Springs area almost every day. Also, Jim was able to connect with a former colleague; he and his wife were staying at an RV park in Palm Springs proper. Jim had serious park envy when we visited them at their place. If we visit that area again, we will definitely stay at the Outdoor Resort Palm Springs.
This is what we did in Palm Springs:
- Ate a lot of Mexican food (are you seeing a pattern here?)
- Finished seeing the Oscar nominated movies
- Went to the Palm Springs Street Festival
- Spent a day at Joshua Tree National Park
- Found a hidden gem of a wine bar (Counter Reformation) with our friends
- Found another great wine bar (Cork & Fork) in La Quinta
- Got up in the early morning to see the Super-Blue-Blood Moon
- Enjoyed some of the most spectacular skies at sunset
- Jim rode the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
We’ll add some details on a few of these events in separate posts. Needless to say, we had a fantastic time in the Palm Springs area.